Paige's Deep Thoughts
Send As SMS
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Montgomery...The Sesspool of AL
I'm not sure how you spell sesspool but if I did I would say it's spelled M-O-N-T-G-O-M-E-R-Y. Not to say that I'm not enjoying all this city has to offer. The bad drivers, the expensive gas, the lack of any turist crap to do. I'm here for a study/prep class to take the CTR exam (Certified Tumor Registrars Exam). I need this to progress in my job.

The pool was already closed, my homework took too long, Tim fell asleep, and I'm not ready for bed. So, I thought who's up, I know. The internet. The internet is my walmart. my waffle house. my local college dorm. Ah, how I love thee.

So, synopsis.
Wednesday, 3:00: GOT LOST ON WAY HOME FROM WORK :( (how stupid can one gal be)
Wednesday, 5:00: EN ROUTE TO MONTGOMERY
Wednesday, 8:00: Birmingham. Favorite store, closed. Mediocre Italian restaurant, open.
Wednesday, 12:00: Lost in Montgomery.
Wednesday, 12:30: Still lost in Montgomery.
Wednesday, 12:35: Tim stops to ask directions. Discovery is made.
And here's where a pearl of wisdom arises. If you learn nothing by reading this, learn this fact: EVERY ROAD IN MONTGOMERY HAS THREE NAMES. That's right. Three. Zelda is to Ann as Vaughn is to Hills.
Wednesday, 12:40: Begin search for hotel which includes, but is not limited to the following: wireless internet access, high speed prefered; indoor pool; fridge; microwave; non smoking; no pets allowed
Hotel aquired and sleep commences around 2.
Thursday, 7:00: Dress, eat half peanut butter sandwhich, semi apply makeup, and head to car
Thursday, 9:30: Class actually begins. Blah. I will never understand how something that is supposed to start at 8 am takes an hour and a half to begin.
Thursday, 11:00: Lunch.
At this point in the day everything is fantastic, I'm smart! I had no idea. I'm well prepared, I'm awake, I'm having fun with it. It's all good. :)
My husband and I eat turkey sandwhiches out of the cooler in our trunk and explore the city for an hour. All is well.
Thursday, 1:00: Oh my freaking goodness. I'm an idiot. That's right, my incredible, "I'm Actually Intelligent" moment...completely gone. I'm back to the being a dumb butt. UHG. The class got insainly hard and I completely got lost. (Some of which I think is the teacher's fault, although she is a pretty decent teacher.)
Thursday, 2:00: The class breaks for the day. YEA!! Husband and I head to the mall because he went there to kill time while I was in class and found fantastic A # 1 sale at a store going out of business. No pants to be had, but I got 4 100 dollar a piece shirts for 50 dollars total. And one of them is CASHMERE. That's right CASHMERE! So I'm happy.

Then It's on to The Shakespeare Festival Meuseum. NOW! Let me tell you something that Husband and I didn't know. Much like the naming of roads, Montgomery OBVIOUSLY doesn't know how to name landmarks. The Meuseum is a park. There is a meuseum on the grounds, BUT...It has nothing to do with Shakespeare. AND there is a Shakespeare Theatre on the grounds, BUT... it has nothing to do with the meuseum. I really don't get it. Both were interesting however and I'll hopefully have pictures on flickr soon. BUT ...That's a totally different story. ;) (To be covered later)

So, on the art meuseum that has nothing to do with Shakespeare. We're in the measeum a grand total of 5 seconds before my husband has broken something and we almost get thrown out by a very irritated security guard. There's a great big sign when you first walk in that tells you what to do. It's very clear.
Ah hem...
1. This is a free audio guided tour.
2. Ask the security guard for audio equipment and proceed through the exhibit.

Now what does Husband do? ... He doesn't read the sign and jerks the "audio equipment" right off of the wall. He jerks the taped, glued, very well secured "audio equipemnt" directly off of the wall as I scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! CAN'T YOU READ!

Now, not only has my husband broken a sign that's been there for who knows how long, but I've now screamed in a meuseum. Fantastic.
As we both appologized to the guard he let us in the meuseum with audio equipment on loan from him with little more than an irritated sigh and moan.

Now what you ask....It's on to Best Buy. Tim loves Best Buy. We ran out of memory on our camera during our "Shakespeare Experience" so we went to buy a larger memory card for the camera. BAD IDEA! But who knew...
It doesn't work. Too large for our crappy but perfectly working camera.

On to dinner with Goat and Girl, friends from college, and back to Best Buy. We buy a smaller card, it works. On to Goat and Girl's appartment.

Memory card no worky.

Back to Best Buy. But they're closed.

Today while I was at class Husband visited the zoo, tomorrow he is going to the Toyoto plant for a tour and then...Back to best buy for a smaller memory card.

I'm quite sure that our journey is not quite over yet. Hopefully the camera will begin working again spontaneously and I will suddenly regain the confidence in my ability to do my job tomorrow.

Until then... :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



body>