Paige's Deep Thoughts
Send As SMS
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Funny Story Time...
That's right folks, it's time for another edition of the
stupid stuff my family does. :)



Last night my parents came down for free computer worka visit. As payment for computer services My parents took my Husband and I out to dinner. As we were sitting around the table I was describing the god aweful stench that is my dog and my car. (Both of which will be washed this weekend.) My mom said that no matter how bad either smelled she could top it of course. I will now describe the conversation from this point forward:
Mom: I have a story, but I haven't told Paige's Dad. *looks at my father* Don't be mad!
Me: Oh no.
Mom: My car had a very funny smell. I ignored it at first and then after a week or so it just got horrible. So, I decided to clean the car. I emptied all the trash out and gathered all the stuff on the seats and in the floor boards and dumped it in the trunk.
Me: So you didn't actually clean it, you just moved it around.
Mom: Yea, but the car "looked" cleaner.
Me: haha
Mom: But the smell didn't go away. It got worse! So I took the car to have it cleaned.
Me: Detailed?
Mom: No, cleaned.
Me: haha Of course.
Mom: The cleaners kept my car all day. I went to pick up my car and they told me they did everything they could but they couldn't get the smell out. I get in the car and it's a worse, perfumed version of the previous smell. I belived them though, they definately cleaned it. It was spotless, it just smelled really bad. I decided that maybe it would go away after it aired out for a while though so I drove it around another week or so.
Me: Hmmm....
Mom: So after three weeks I just couldn't take it anymore, I was dying. It smelled so bad. I decided that maybe it might be something in the trunk.
Me: Well, that is where you dumped all the stuff from the car. This went on for three weeks and you never looked in the trunk?
Mom: Why would I look in the trunk?
Me: Umm....'Cause your car stunk!
Mom: So I take everything out of the trunk and put it in the garage and as I empty the trunk I spot something. It's like a reddish white styrafoam looking thing.
Me: Oh GOD!
Mom: *hysterically laughing at this point* It was a thing of meat. Evidentally it had rolled out of my grocery bags after I went shopping and I never missed it.
Me: OH MY GOD! You had red meat rolling around in your trunk for THREE WEEKS!!!
Mom: YES! And can you believe that was the smell!
Me: *In my head* No shit Shirlock!
Mom: I took the meat out and the smell went away. haha
Me: Oh dear.


I mean, ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. That's all I have to say is ewwwwwwwwwwww! And people wonder why I am obsessive compulsive about things. I was raised in an environment that lets the smell of rotting meat go for THREE WEEKS! I mean, come on people, this is why I am the way I am. Perfect rotting meat example.


This story brought to you by my parents, the ones who fall asleep at redlights after eating Molly Moo's ice cream. (But that's a different story for another day.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



body>