Paige's Deep Thoughts
Send As SMS
Monday, March 20, 2006
With Age Comes Wisdom Cynicism...
Are people generally self serving? Are humans truly geared only to survive and take care of number one? Is it their instinct to make themselves priority one? Mothers would say no, but does that then make mothers priority two? Would a mother say "ok, I'd do anything for my child, but after that I'll do anything to make myself succeed and prosper even at the cost of a another human being's feelings or life." I used to think that humans were primarily good people, seeking at all costs how best to help each other while not endangering any other humans. As I grow older my prospective changes. Humans, I believe, could quite possibly have been born completely evil and choose whether to sucomb to this feelings or grow beyond their instincts and hold concern for others. Parents can be held partly responsible for this "choice," but ultimately each individual must choose for themselves whether or not they want to be evil, vindictive, even deadly or NOT.

I hope I don't ever have to hear the comment, "I hope he dies while I'm in town. That way I can go ahead and go to the funeral" again.

Moral of the story...Looking out for number one can often be deadly to others.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to feel the opposite, generally, but i do see your point. It's a lot easier to be "self-serving" that's for sure. Good blog, this one, i'll have to mull it over a bit.

I like the bigger font btw it's easier to read and still fits.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and i <3 you. :D

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Honda accord oem floor mats

Post a Comment

<< Home



body>