Paige's Deep Thoughts
Send As SMS
Monday, March 06, 2006
My Deep Thoughts On My Weekend
Husband and I got in a little tiff Saturday afternoon, for OBVIOUSLY no reason. That’s how most of them start, for no apparent reason. This particular time…my husband wasn’t talking enough. That’s right. Usually he never shuts up and I complained that he wasn’t talking. What is wrong with me??!! So downhill from there we went asses over elbows.

A little back story…
Thursday night I went out with some friends and we had a few drinks. Everything was fine. Then when I got home Hubby was definitely not pleased with my behavior. Friday, feeling slightly under the weather due to my “festivities” from the night before, he seemed to grow even more irritated. Friday night, Hubby threw me a Surprise Birthday Party. What should have been soooooooooo much fun, which I STILL think it was, turned out to be just a big angry mess, with me to blame. Evidentially it was very rude of me to drink on the night before my surprise party.

Yes, that’s right.

It’s my fault that I went out the night before I had plans that I knew nothing about.

How inconsiderate of me to leave my husband and go out and play, oh….wait….my husband wasn’t home. My husband was out playing poker, just like EVERY Thursday night.

So, basically I left the laundry unfolded, because I soooo cooked him dinner before I left.

Finally it comes out, however, that Hubby is not mad that I went out, BUT that I had MORE FUN Thursday night than I did Friday night on the party he had worked so hard to put together.

It was an AWESOME party with some really fantastic people and I had SO much fun. Not once, I repeat, NOT ONCE did I say I had more fun Thursday than Friday. It would be like choosing between children. I had a ton of fun at both events.

Basically, we agreed that I was sorry for unknowingly ruining my own surprise party at which I had a ton of fun, and that he was selfish and then we spent the entire day with his family. (In a sick way, I think this was my punishment. He just had to get me back.)

Rather than continue our wonderful time together, after family time of course, we got some food and headed out to the house. There we met some friends and began partying again.  (For those of you counting, yes, that’s three days now.)

Yesterday I did a pile of laundry that could literally touch the ceiling. 8 ft straight up. I have no idea how it got that bad.

My parents stopped by though, to drop off a birthday present and take us to lunch. That too was interesting.

A few weeks ago my mother and I had held a discussion about some chargers, pretty plates you place underneath your actual dining plates, she really wanted. I told her to go buy them, but that I didn’t really see any use for them. She asked me if I would like some. (Haha…already you can tell she’s listening.) I said, “Mom, my plates are square. (The chargers were round.)NO.” I didn’t think anything else about it.

My birthday present: Gold Chargers and money (How thoughtful!)

Good Ole Mom! (I sent her home with them. She’s keeping them by the way. Going to use them at Christmas.)

So all in all this is one of the best weekends I’ve had in a long time. It was A TON of fun, yet, very confusing. How can something be fun and depressing all at the same time?

I really enjoyed seeing all of my friends at my birthday party. It was so great to see faces I haven’t seen in forever, but it made me sad to think that may be the last time I would see them for a while, not to mention how some may be moving away, and how other faces are missing and why other faces are missing.

So basically at this point, I plan to dig a hole, crawl in it, and die!

Just Kidding!! ;)


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember scenarios like this from my past, basically being the bad guy no matter what stance you take. I don't know why tim would have been upset over you going out with friends on a night he was out and about as well, seems a bit hypocritical, especially considering didn't you get him to come get you like a responsible person? Ya just trying to have fun and get flack about it, pretty much homo.

Regarding your actual surprise party, you didn't even frickin DRINK that night as far as i know, and you had spent the previous night drinking and havin fun with friends. All we did was have dinner and play games, nothing more than any usual night of goofing off, except we had an exceptionally large crowd for dinner. How that could have been more exciting than *drinking without the husband around on the spur of the moment* is beyond me atm, maybe it'll come to me later. Oh wait, it probably won't~

RELAX. you love each other, you _should_ trust each other. Let those two things guide you and stop being so gay and jealous and butthurt lol.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

<< Home



body>