Paige's Deep Thoughts
Send As SMS
Monday, May 22, 2006
Coke Tabs...
I'm sitting her at work.
Work, work, working away.
Minding my own business, when all of a sudden I've TOTALLY cracked myself up. I
obviously was busy or preoccupied or something when these events occurred or it
would have cracked me up then.
I drink diet coke. Yes...I know...Very bad. Going to die of aspertame
poisoning. I know. But people it is my crack. Leave me be.
Anyway, these diet cokes have coke tabs which I take off and put in a cup in our
kitchen here at work. I have a pile of these tabs very geometrically arranged on
my CPU in my office. I'm very proud of it. Those tabs, in their geometric
wonderfulness, reminded me of something that happened at the Graduation
festivities.
My mom, in front of my husband's Church of Christ parents, sisters, and
grandparents said, (and I quote) "What you collecting all those BEER tabs for?
gonna make something 'creative' or something?" (be sure and say that with as
much sarcasm as humanly possible.
Now did I lose it and look totally like a deer in head lights that my mother, MY
MOTHER, had brought up the fact that we drink alcohol in front of Hubby's ENTIRE
family who blatantly disapproves of this behavior and likes to tell us at every
drop of every hat?
Ohhhhhhhhh no!
I carried on with what I was doing and replied, "No mother, we keep the tabs so
I can take them to work. The tabs have more usable aluminum than the rest of the
can. A group at work takes them, recycles them, and pays for children's leukemia
treatments."
Now, at the time, I was simply telling my uninformed mother of the tabs purpose.
In retrospect, DAMN that was a good comeback!
HAH! Try and make me feel guilty about drinking beer. LOL. NEVER! I'm helping
cancer patients and children at that. What are you doing? Nothing. Oh, ok. LOL.
Her reply to my beautifully, articulate, to the point comment:
"What can I do to help, do you need to me start saving them too? I'll do that.
I'll start saving them too. What a good cause."
Talk about your backpeddling. HAH!




body>