Paige's Deep Thoughts
Send As SMS
Friday, April 28, 2006
Fighting...for peace!
Last night my husband and I HAD. IT. OUT. in the middle of the living room while folding clothes. OVER LAUNDRY or areas vs. spot. anyways.


IT STARTED like this: (while folding clothes)
I said "you didn't do anything while I was gone!"
He said "I cleaned the carpet."
"It looks like you didn't even vacuum."
"Well, I didn't where you're standing. I did all that over there by the kitchen table."
"That's like a 4ft by 2ft spot of carpet. I didn't realize you had just done a spot."
"That's not a spot! That's an AREA! You couldn't use a "spot rug" there. It would HAVE TO BE an AREA RUG!"
"Oh my god! Are you serious?"
"Why do you always di-min-u-ize everything I do?"
"di min u ize, is that even a word" (I knew it wasn't a word. )
"yes, it's my word... why can't you admit that's an area?"
"Because the carpet cleaner is sitting on top of the "area" and I couldn't see it"
"You're always di min u izing what I do. You always say I never do anything."
"You don't!" (He does. He does dishes. BUT he broke the dishwasher while I was gone. And the carpet cleaner, which is why it was still in the living room. )
"I'm inherently lazy, what do you want from me"
"I want to be lazy."
"You can't be, I already have that role."
"You're kidding me! I WANT THAT role!"
"Sorry. It's taken!"
"Oh my god! Go look up di min u ize"
"ok, it's not a word" (he knew it wasn't a word)
"let's go play with the dog"
"alright"


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least the dog was happy! ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh, sometimes we pick fights over the tiniest of things too. I think it's a sign you're in the full throes of married life. Just the hazard of being closer to that person than anyone else.

Glad you tried to put it aside and play with the puppy dog - dogs usually cheer me up! :)

Have a great day!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

<< Home



body>