Paige's Deep Thoughts
Send As SMS
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
My Crowes Nest
I have a love like no other for The Black Crowes. It's a borderline obsession and has been since my early teens. My husband knows that should a member of the Crowe's (or John Cusack) ever propose to me, his butt will be to the curb. These were part of the conditions of our marriage. (He's worried about this...really. Can't you see him shaking?) I am that fan though, that has "every record you've ever made man." (I even have the coveted anniversary box set with every album up until Lyons and know exactly where it is and that it is in a safe place. I made my father buy it for me off ebay. It was our first ebay purchase.) And I LOVE every second of sound they've ever produced. 3 snakes and a charm being my all time favorite albumn (I've still never played the one in the box set. I actually bought another one so I wouldn't scratch it up.).
I've seen them in concert once (along with Bob Dylan).
June 27th they're coming to Starwood.
I'm actually debating not going.
Yes, that's what I said. Not Going...
I don't know why though.
These are the events that we take time off for, right?
If Ozzy Ozbourne/Black Sabbath (my hubby's favorite) were in concert at Starwood we'd so be there (Oh wait, we did...twice. Ozzfest.).
54.00 dollars to experience their music live and directly in front of me (along with two days of time off). I mean, it's two days off (2 days missed pay), a nights hotel bill, 54 dollars in tickets, gas and the fact that by the time they actually play I'll be too drunk to notice. (I mean really, 5$ for a bottle water or 4$ for a beer. What would you do?)
I'm beginning to wonder if I'm so old that money is actually MORE important to me than the best rock band EVER! (And I don't mean old in years, I mean old in life. Heh...there's a difference. In life, I'm like a hundred and ten.)
I'm feeling the need to rebel against my need to be a hundred and ten.
I feel black fingernails, purple hair, and bad eye makeup welling up from my soul.
I have a feeling I'm about to make a major credit card purchase. My wallet and I need some time alone.
Excuse us...


4 Comments:

Blogger Gidget said...

I share your love of John Cusack! He is soooo dreamy.

Say Anything..Lloyd Dobler..sigh

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say GO FOR IT. Break out the credit card and go have yourself a fantastic time! I bet it'll be something that you won't end up regretting!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

<< Home



body>