Paige's Deep Thoughts
Send As SMS
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Allis's Birthday Painting
I painted this weekend while Hubby was at work.

I started with a piece of plywood.Next I painted the plywood black and had this:
Then the painting began.
(Clover, as requested by Allis. *Could you possibly pick something a little more vague next time Allis, thanks.* This is her belated birthday gift. )

Next came the frame.
This is where I had to stop.
Notice how the flowers are a slightly different color in the unframed painting.
(You probably can't tell as I'm a horrible photographer as well as a painter.)
I can't stop touching it.
It needs to leave my house.
I'm seriously going to mess it up, have to paint it black and start all over.
(The frame isn't finished because Lowe's closes at 7 on Sundays, but seriously Allis, as soon as the frame is finished you better come get it. I'll be in the corner playing the 'mad' artist crying and screaming about how my art sucks and it's never good enough and how I hate everything about my paintings.)

If you actually can paint, this seems like it would be a really neat idea. The plywood gives an awesome texture and depth to the painting. I got the medium crappy plywood as to have a little more texture in the wood. The SUPREMELY crappy plywood would be way too time consuming as you have to account on the paint soaking into the plywood. The frame, that was my bright idea and unless you have an excellent concept of 45 degree angles and a proper saw, I would skip that part.


3 Comments:

Blogger Gidget said...

You rock girl! I love this painting. I didn't know you were such an arteest! I'm impressed!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally in love with this painting you did for me! w00t...

Thanks Paige!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that painting is really good! I am mega impressed!

Post a Comment

<< Home



body>