Paige's Deep Thoughts
Send As SMS
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Where the hell is my muse?
Tonight I have surfed blog after blog. I've read and i've read and i've read even more. My final thought? I'm no longer as creative as I used to be. Some of you guys write so very well. You're so creative and eloquent and the posts are well thought out. Mine...mine are whatever comes to mind, whenever it comes to mind. I'm a freaking English major for christ sakes and I can't write a coherent post. I used to write beautifully. I used to have these wonderful thoughts that I felt were brilliant (at the time, I read them now and they're garbage, all garbage I say!) I've had stories and poems and drawings published and yet now....now I can't even bring myself to paint a picture because I'm scared I'll mess it up. So what if I mess it up? I've wasted valuable time, that's what! I have so many creative things that I would like to do, but yet, I just don't want to.

Here's my list:
1. Paint my black plywood canvases.
2. Sew pillows from my wedding material. (That's right, 2.5 years ago, still haven't done it.)
3. Rearrange my living room and make it artistic and classy.
4. Rearrange my bedroom. (to make room for my new dresser)
5. Sew little doggie bandanas. (the only clothing I'm allowed to place on my dog)
6. Scrapbook my vacation photos.

And here's my excuses:
1. It's too wet outside to paint and I'm not painting on my white carpet.
2. my sewing machine is broken.
3. I haven't had time.
4. I'm too tired.
5. my sewing machine is broken.
6. There are too many excuses to name.

And here's the truth:
1. I don't think I can paint anymore because i'm not creative.
2. I can't figure out how to thread my sewing machine properly and therefore my thread breaks.
3. Totally had time tonight but read blogs instead.
4. I'm not too tired, I'm just lazy.
5. See #2.
6. I go to the craft room, sit for five minutes and decide that I "can't."

So, you see, I'm totally a loser. I probably won't do any of those things this weekend either.
We have puppy school at 11, dinner with my parents at 1, and poker tournament at 5. And sunday...sunday is laundry day, go get gas day, and grocery day. I have to be at least a little domestic.

I need a muse. Where the hell is my muse?!! Maybe I'll find it under a rock somewhere this weekend.


3 Comments:

Blogger Baby said...

You know where my muse hides?

In the freezer, right next to the Ben & Jerry's!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, what randi said; the ben & jerry's! haha.

i know how you feel, though. hang in there!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should you find your muse...ask if they have an unattached friend for me, ok? I need some help!

Post a Comment

<< Home



body>